On an average, human hair grows about half of an inch every month and this might not be enough when you are looking for long luscious hair within a reasonable period of time.
Genetics and healthy play a huge role on how the hair grows, but luckily there are simple things that you can do to encourage hair growth so that it grows faster. Maintaining good hair health through proper care and diet is essential. You can also use natural herbs to assist faster hair growth. Here’s what you can do to make your hair grow faster.
1. Eat healthy meals rich essential minerals, vitamins and protein. Foods with Vitamins C, B, A and E as well as those rich in magnesium, copper, selenium, zinc and iron make some of the best when it comes to encouraging fast hair growth. Vitamins B-complex is also important. You should therefore eat more eggs, chicken, cheese, broccoli, cabbage, salmon, spinach, avocado, oats, grapefruits and bell peppers among other foods rich in these nutrients and minerals.
2. Use castor oil, which is rich in fatty acids and Vitamin E that promote natural hair growth. The oil can be mixed with olive, almond or coconut out and massaged onto the scalp for better results. Other essential oils like peppermint, rosemary and lavender can also be added to the oil to improve the overall health of your hair.
3. Massage the scalp on a regular basis to promote proper blood flow, which is important in stimulating hair follicles for better growth. Also important to do with the massage is deep conditioning and a hot oil treatment.
4. Get rid of stress since it is one of the factors that greatly contribute to hair loss. Stress has a way of disrupting the normal hair cycle and can trigger fall out. You can use meditation, relational techniques and breathing exercises to minimize stress. It is also advisable that you ensure you get enough sleep every night to enhance the release of growth hormones during sleep.
5. Use an egg mask on the hair every once in a while. Eggs have protein, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, sulfur and iron important for hair growth. The mask can be made by whipping an egg in a few spoons of grape seed oil and lavender oil drops before it is applied to the scalp and hair and left to sit for at least half an hour and rinsed off. You can then shampoo the hair as usual.
6. Infuse the hair with beneficial herbs like horsetail, nettle, catnip, rosemary, sage and burdock. They stimulate hair follicles leading to faster hair growth and also adds luster to the hair. Green tea on the other hand has anti-inflammatory properties and polyphenols which have links to hair growth.
To encourage growth and strength, you can make an infusion by steeping the herbs in hot water before using in your shampoo.
You can also drink herbal teas for the same hair effects including improved circulation.
You can also enhance hair growth by taking herbal and vitamin supplements and taking care of all medical problems that could be limiting hair growth supporting hair loss in the process.