Here are the ultimate tips on How To Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose Home Remedies. A stuffy nose – also referred to as blocked nose or nasal congestion and it can be very uncomfortable because it can make breathing labored. A stuffy nose will come about when the nasal cavity has swollen, thus leading to mucus buildup which makes normal breathing difficult. It is a symptom commonly associated with flus, colds and also allergic reactions.
Apart from being annoying, a stuffy nose can lead to restless sleep and ear infections if left untreated. Fortunately, there are so many ways of getting rid of stuffy nose with home remedies that relieve the discomfort fast.
Home Remedies for a Stuffy Nose
1. Garlic is one of the best home remedies to get rid of a stuffy nose. It has anti fungal and antiviral properties that fight infections of the respiratory system causing the congestion. A few cloves can be boiled in water and mixed with turmeric powder before drinking to clear the congestion. The fresh cloves can also be eaten to get rid of the discomfort.
2. Apple cider vinegar works by thinning the mucus clearing the nose in the process. It also has nutrients which are good for overall immunity and health. 2 tbsp mixed with honey and warm water taken several times daily can help in getting rid of a stuffy nose completely.
3. Steam inhalation never fails in dealing with a blocked nose and is one of the most popular treatments to get rid of a stuffy nose fast using home remedies. It is simply a natural expectorant that clears the congestion and lubricates irritated respiratory track for better breathing. Carom seed can be crushed and added to boiling water and a few peppermint drops added before inhaling the steam. However, those suffering from high blood pressure, pregnant women and children should not use this remedy.
4. Eucalyptus oil is one of the most effective home remedies for stuffy nose and actually offers instant relief. The oil has anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties that make it as effective as it is. Drops can be put on a fresh handkerchief for inhalation purposes. The oil can also be used on a pillow to ease the congestion even during sleep.
5. Warm wateralso eases nasal congestion by aiding flow of the mucus though the nasal passages. It also helps in keeping the passages moist preventing drying out that can make breathing uncomfortable. Breathe soothing vapors by running hot shower for a few minutes, so there is a steam buildup in your bathroom. A washcloth dipped in warm water can also be placed onto the face to deal with the stuffy nose. You can use a humidifier for the same purpose.
Other good home remedies you can use to get rid of a stuffy nose include herbal teas, black pepper, fenugreek and spicy tomato tea.