Handy tips on How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs in a Mattress
Ain’t it hard to come to terms with the fact that we are mostly not alone when we are asleep because we also share our beds with other invisible bugs too? Often it is a tormentous affair to toss and take on a full body scratch, snatching away precious hours of sleep, throughout the night with invisible offenders on charge.
First thing first, bed bugs luckily do not cause harmful diseases except for superficial skin ailments and irritations. Although bed bugs are found in our homes they highly thrive on in motels, public lodgings with inferior quality of cleanliness and dirty bedding’s. In case of a bed bug bite, unless the bitten area of the skin gets infected giving white, greenish or white pus it is treatable with anti-histamine cream after washing clean with soap and water.
However, if you happen to be a victim of bed bugs and you are desperate to get rid of bed bugs yourself then the following instructions are a good read for you—
- Carry out a thorough inspection of your house especially the areas of your home where you spend most time sleeping and sitting. The physical appearance of bed bugs is distingushable apple or poppy sized seed in tan or rusty-red color. Now, these bugs can behave tricky, they could hide away from the prying human eyes under the pillows, mattresses and fabric seams. Getting rid of bed bugs at home can be a tedious work given the fact that they could be hiding anywhere in your furniture, baseboards, wall creeks, home upholstered furniture.
- Bed bugs as the name suggest are usually found in the bed and in the comfort of the mattress. A simple best respond on how to get rid of bed bugs in mattress is regular exposure of mattresses to sunlight and use of plastic covers.
- For those who do not wish to encounter these bugs or are pressed with time you can get hold of one of the pest control agencies in your vicinity and have them get rid of bed bugs at home fast.
- Some of the reputed pest control agencies offer valuable tips on how to prevent bed bugs in your living areas and what to inspect for before owing a property. It is also best to prefer the use of non-chemical and low toxic pesticides during the eradication process.
- Hot water is the safest as well as the most effective means of getting rid of bed bugs naturally. For those items that cannot be washed, dry those in the tumble dryer or otherwise sit them out in the sun. As simple as that!
Bed bugs live on tens of thousands of homes across the globe irrespective of the culture, race and religion. And, pest control experts are usually the first point of contact or answer for most people on how to get rid of bed bugs.